Forgetting the password of your email account can be a vast inconvenience, especially when your email account is at the epicenter of numerous of your online activities, as is the case with maximum email users. But, just because it is a pain like gmail change password that does not mean that it has to be the end of the world.
In fact, recovering or changing password is pretty easy and simple. If you feel like your email account is being hacked or that there is a high risk of your account to get compromised, you can get the password of your account changed. Even though it is not mandatory to change the password on a regular basis but you should ideally change it at least after every three months to keep the email account safe and secured from the hackers.
The gmail change password steps:
- You will need to remember your present password to be able to change the password. If you do not remember the password you will need to answer the security question that has been set on your account.
- The Google Account management page should be opened.
- In the security section, click on the option that states change password link
- Now, the current password or the security question should be entered.
- Then enter the new password and confirm the new password. Make sure that the password that you have created is easy for you to remember but is difficult enough for the hackers to guess.
- Now, in order to save the gmail change password click on the Save option.
Once this is done, you will receive a message stating that gmail change password has been successful. After this is done, try to log in using the new password and see if it works.
In case if you have forgotten your current email password and the answer to your security question, then there are several ways you can recover your password. Mentioned below are tips to recover gmail password:
- Try to visit the official password recovery page and enter your username here. Then enter the typescripts displayed in the image.
- In the next step, you will be asked to reply to the security question or choose an option to send password reset link to alternate email address if it has been kept in your account settings.
- Only if you have entered the alternate email address in your account settings or you remember the response to your security question and you have access to this alternate email address, it will be possible to reset the password.
Apart from using the official password recovery page, you can also recover the gmail change password from the operating browser such as Mozilla Firefox or internet explorer, from Google Talk, Google Notifier, Picasa, Google Desktop and Google Photos Screensaver if it automatically signs in.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that by following the above mentioned tips you can either change or recover the password of your email account easily and promptly.