While opening or using a Gmail account, you should give a secondary email account or a mobile number as a recovery option because sometimes users may have to face forgot Gmail Password issues. But sometimes you may wonder if giving the mobile number in that recovery option is secure or not. But you should understand that your mobile phone is more secure recovery option than your recovery email address or a security question. Also you may think that if your mobile number gets revealed in the public. But Gmail can ensure you that they will not use your mobile number unless you need that.
When Gmail will use your recovery mobile number?
For these below mentioned situation Gmail will use your mobile number:
- Sometimes you may need to verify that you are the owner of the account and that time you will require your mobile number and Gmail will recognize you with that number.
- Gmail account will prevent hackers if they try to hack into your account without your permission.
- Your mobile number will be used to send verification code for recovering forgot gmail password.
- Also you will get notification if something happens in your email account and you have no idea about that.
- Also Gmail can alert you to possible threats to your account’s security.
Gmail can ensure you that they will never sell your mobile number to other companies or organizations and also no one will get your number from Gmail server to call your for marketing purpose. Also Gmail never publish your mobile number online. They would never use it for anything other than protecting your email account. So you can easily trust them in this matter.
But sometimes when you change your mobile number you should immediately change your recovery mobile number too. By following these below mentioned steps you will be able to add or change your recovery phone number:
- You first need to sign in to you Gmail account and then you need to go to the “My Account” option.
- After that you will see the “Personal info & privacy” section and from that section you need to select “Your personal info”.
- Now you need to choose “Phone”.
- Now you will be able to add or change the recovery phone number.
- Under “Recovery phone,” you need to select “Add recovery phone”.
- Now change your recovery phone number if you have already fixed a recovery number. For this purpose next to your phone number, you will need to select “Edit”.
- Now a box will appear and you need to choose “Update number”.
- Next you need to enter your phone number and follow the other instructions.
- Then you have to click on the Save option to apply the changes that you have made into your email account.
- Also if you want to add or change your recovery email address you need to follow same steps and after entering into the “Your personal info” page you need to select “Email”. Then you will have to follow the same procedure to set a recovery email address.
If you face any kind of difficulties you can easily contact gmail technical support team to get better assistance.
These Gmail support team will give you simple suggestions according to your problem so the you can overcome forgot Gmail Password issues.